The tuna auction at Tokyo’s Tsukiji Fish Market will probably go down in history as one of my all time fave travel experiences. I need to write about it in detail and edit the pics, so elaborate post COMING SOON. In the meantime, check out these bad boys:
They weigh upwards of 400 pounds and I don’t understand Japanese so I can’t quote exact prices, but google said there are tunas that have sold for $736,000.
And in kind of related news, some other posts I need to write:
- My amazing/terrifying/awkward/fun experience at an onsen aka Japanese bath house.
- My real live geisha sighting and the fact that I want to be one in my next life/right now.
- My upcoming Australia trip where I will be staying with a guy that I met back in December…at a club…in India…one time…and have emailed with almost every single day since.
- Japanese ramen.
- Why it’s so hard to stay in shape while traveling. See above.
- My homesickness, or something kind of like it.