Five Immediate Thoughts on Mumbai:
1. It doesn’t really smell; definitely not in the way that people warned me it would.
2. People stare at me like I’m Angelina Jolie. (And if you saw what I looked like after my 15 hour plane ride yesterday, I most certainly am not.)
3. My $15 a night hostel (Anjali Inn) is clean, helpful and has hot water and a TV…all things I wasn’t expecting but am so happy to have.
4. The food is cheap and incredible: I had chicken, rice & chapati for dinner last night and it cost one dollar. Including my Sprite.
5. There are so many stray dogs.